194 Alas and Did My Savior Bleed
1. Alas and did my Savior bleed and did my Sovereign die? Would he devote that sacred head for sinner’s such as I?
2. Was it for sins that I have done, he suffered on the tree? Amazing pity, grace unknown. Love beyond degree.
3. Well might the sun in darkness hide and shut the glories in. When Christ the great Redeemer died for many creature’s sin
4. Thus might I hide my blushing face While his dear cross appears. Dissolve my heart in thankfulness, and melt mine eyes to tears
5. But drops of grief can never repay, the debt of love I owe. Here Lord I give myself away. It is all I can do.